Friday 30 January 2009

domestic

You know, it’s a funny thing. I go through phases like everyone else. And right now I notice I’m in a very domestic phase. I’m sure it has something to do with my recent move, of course, but I want to be home. Just home. I’m enjoying cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry and sweeping and feeding the dogs and all those home type activities. I’m not paying so much heed to my plants – they’re doing fine and growing just as they like. It’s rainy season here and the cranberry hibiscus doesn’t seem to like it so much. The katuk is doing well and the Okinawa spinach seems happy. And we have green tomatoes and fine jalepeno chilis and good yard long beans, and all is prospering. And I want to be up in the house doing my chores and reading and being with the dogs. This week we go to the other side of the country to work on a reforestation project. We’ll be gone for 5 days. Maybe that will end this phase and when I return home I’ll be ready for the garden again. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for sharing!